Toll Concession for the Disabled
The Humber Bridge Board provides toll exemption for people in receipt of the higher rate of mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance (PIP) and who have a tax-exempt vehicle, i.e. a motability car. The disabled person does not have to be the driver.
People must apply in advance by completing an application form and returning it to this office with a copy of their tax exemption certificate, or mobility hire agreement, or PIP and a copy of your vehicle registration document (V5), or confirmation of registration details form. Once their application has been approved they are sent 20 vouchers, one being handed in for each journey made. The disabled person MUST be in the vehicle when an exemption voucher is used.
There is no limit on the number of tickets a person can have and further supplies are sent when the applicant submits a re-application form, sent out with each batch of tickets.
Please note that concession holders can now use the open-road toll lanes without stopping at a toll booth to present a concessionary voucher. Please refer to the “Notice to Concession Holders” in the Associated Download below.
Conditions applicable to the Concession:
- The tickets are only valid whilst the disabled person is in the vehicle and your entitlement is current.
- The tickets are only valid for the tax-exempt vehicle whose registration number appears on the ticket. They are not transferable to any other vehicle, even a temporary replacement.
- The tickets cannot be used in connection with a business.
- A breach of these conditions will result in the withdrawal of the concession.
If you think you may be eligible for the concession please follow this link to our application form that you can print off and send to us. When returning your completed form please ensure you also send us:
- A copy of both sides of your tax exemption certificate (PIP), or a copy of your mobility agreement.
- Vehicle registration document (V5), or confirmation of registration details.
If you have any queries please contact the Humber Bridge administration office during office hours Monday to Friday. Our telephone number is (01482) 647161.
Your papers should be sent to:
The Humber Bridge Board
Please allow ten days for delivery of tickets.